Tuesday, September 15, 2009

tuesday tip #1: drink water in the morning



I don't know why, but I've never really been able to easily accomplish the simple act of drinking a glass of water in the morning. My body doesn't like it. She wriggles and squirms and makes a lot of loud excuses, and she used to get away with it.

Now, however, I have a stratagem to trick my dear body into drinking a glass of water in the morning. The night before I place a glass of water on my bedside table, then first thing in the morning, as soon as I've opened my eyes, I reach for this glass and drink it while my body is still sleepy enough not to protest. By the time my body starts thinking "oh dear, this water feels gross and tastes horrible" it makes no difference because I've already drunk the whole glass and there's nothing she can do about it.

How very sneaky of me to outwit my body in such a manner.

(image credit)

No comments: