Saturday, December 4, 2010

attractive

I like the saturdays when I wake up at 8am because there's an attractive guy knocking at my door, telling me that he's going to get Macca's and check out the surf. And I roll over and smile because life is brilliant and I can go back to sleep for another two hours.

I like the saturdays when Paul and Rich and Sis and I are here for late breakfasts and later we buy shoes on sale from City Beach and drink watermelon boost juice and have homemade pizzas of epic epicness. Card games of Billionaire and Bohanza. Su & B arrive - more hugs, more giggles, more card games. D & M conversations while walking along the new service road. Mum & Dad and six friends around the dinner table for grace and salad and pasta.

I like the saturdays when I start making cheesecake at 10pm and someone is helping me crush up the biscuits for the cheesecakebase and someone is playing grand music on the piano and someone is reading Asterix or Calvin & Hobbes. The house smells like chocolate biscuits and lime rind. There's too many dishes to fit in the dishwasher. Bohnanza cards all over the dining table and the lounge room floor.

And I can't get to sleep for ages because I'm too busy grinning at the ceiling in the darkness above me.

X

3 comments:

ʝaimee said...

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Friday Eudaemonism said...

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mary said...

sounds like an awesome day, Hannah! - I wish it was the beginning of summer here, it's the beginning of winter and boy is it cold outside...blah!